I gave this sourdough bread another whirl. This time I made it in my dutch oven. I baked it with the lid on and then pulled the lid off for about 15 minutes or so at the end. It had great flavor. Sorry I forgot to take a picture of it cut. Look at those beautiful bubbles. I let it rise overnight about 10 hours. I really must get a better razor to slash the top! I think it worked much better in the dutch oven.
I'm not that much of a fan of one-trick ponies taking up real estate in my kitchen. I know that a waffle iron can be classified as that, but now I can rationalize that it's not. Who knew you could make hash browns in it? Waffled Hash Browns (Adapted from Cooking Light ) 1 1/2 lb russet potato (shredded) salt/pepper to taste 1/4 t garlic powder 1 1/2T butter, melted Preheat waffle iron. Squeeze liquid out of potatoes by blotting between two paper towels. Toss potatoes, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Brush both sides of the waffle iron with butter. Spread potatoes evenly on waffle iron. Close and cook 2 minutes. Press iron closed completely and cook about 12 minutes or until golden brown. I did not feel that they browned as nicely as in the picture on the original recipe, but then again I don't have a food stylist do I? The drawback of this recipe is that you have to share this. Since they take about 15 minutes, it's a little difficult to make a second one...
Comments
Post a Comment
I appreciate your comments!